The Learning Partnership Agreement indicates that each student has a responsibility to "Attend school regularly and punctually, with no more than one tardy or early departure per month and maintenance of attendance at/or above the 97.5 percent level (five days of absences or less per year unless there is a catastrophic even or major illness/emergency)."
Attendance is a key part of your child's education. All children are expected to attend school every day and on time. Uninterrupted learning is essential to our school’s success. Student success begins with attendance, and it's everyone's responsibility. Please do not keep children out of school unless it is absolutely necessary.
- According to state law, absences are excused only if the child is ill, has a death in their immediate family, a medical appointment, or a court appearance (1-3 day limit). All other absences are unexcused, including “family emergencies”.
- It is our policy that you provide a doctor’s note for three or more consecutive days of absence.
- Please report student absences to the attendance office by e-mailing [email protected], sending a note immediately following the date of absence, or calling our 24-hour absence line at (951) 654-6113.
- All unverified absences will be considered unexcused. Students must attend school the day of an extra-curricular event in order to attend that event. A student who is absent from school may not attend school dances, field trips, athletic practices or musical performances that day.
- Any tardy is unexcused, unless the student has a medical reason.
- Any student who has 3 or more unexcused truancies of 30 minutes or more is considered truant under California law.
We discouraged families from taking vacations during school time; however, if you have planned a family vacation or your child will be absent, independent study is highly recommended. Please keep in mind that classroom time cannot be replaced by independent study, and being absent takes away from the progress of the student.
We work very hard to ensure that your child receives the best education possible. We cannot accomplish this if your child is not in school every day, and on time. We appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns call the attendance office at (951) 654-6113.