Current 7th graders who have strong academic records are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program, the applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
· Grade level – Entering 8th grade in the fall of 2017.
· Academics – Since the beginning of 6th grade, have earned grades of all or mostly A's in school with no C's or below in core academic subjects (English/language arts, math, science, social studies/history).
· Testing – The official score report from the applicant’s state standardized testing. If the applicant has taken the SAT or ACT through a regional talent center, they should also submit those score reports.
· Income – Family income does not exceed $95,000. The average family income of entering Cooke Young Scholars is approximately $25,000. In recent years nearly all Cooke Young Scholars have come from families with incomes below $60,000.
· Location – Reside in the U.S. or a U.S. territory and plan to attend high school in the U.S.
Contact us at 800-941-3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org